What to do with it when you're done with it
arrowstep 2step3
Recycle your Mobility devices

Step 1: Your Community is

Step 2: Your Selection is

Mobility devices


Mobility devices


Reuse if in good condition (or if repairable):

  • Donate to charitable organizations
  • Hold a garage sale
  • Sell through classified ads
  • Post on an exchange website (Wellington.Reuses.com)
  • Take to a County Reuse Centre

If in poor condition and made primarily of metal, place in a scrap metal bin for recycling at a County waste facility.

Remember batteries are Household Hazardous Waste (HHW): do not place in the garbage

  • Take to a County Selected HHW Depot
  • Take to a County HHW Event Day
  • Find out if local retailers will take back for recycling

Otherwise, can be taken to any County waste facility for disposal (fees apply).

Choose from the option(s) below for more information.

Disposal Options

County Mobile HHW Depot
Residential service. Materials accepted at no charge.



County Scrap Metal Recycling
Fees apply.



County Selected HHW Depots
Residential service. Limits apply. Selected materials accepted at no charge year-round.



Accepts only equipment that is in good condition or that can be refurbished to that level.

Phone: 416-384-0373